|Home||News||PhotoStamps||Stamps Issue||About us|
"100 YEARS INTER-PARLIAMENTARY UNION 1989"
The Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) is the first worldwide political organization to promote the concept of peace and international arbritation. Its origins date back to 1989 when the first Inter-Parliamentary Conference for International arbritation, attended by delegates from nine countries of three continents, met in Paris on the initiative of two parliamentarians and men of peace: William Randal Cremer, from the United Kingdom and Frederic Passy, from France.
On its 100th Anniversary, the organization has 109 members. In the frame of commemorating the 100th Anniversary of the Inter Parliamentary Union, the Directorate General of Post and Telecommunications issues a set of commemorative stamp and First Day Cover "100 YEARS INTER-PARLIAMENTARY UNION 1989" with the following data:
1. Date of issue : 4 September 1989.
2. Denominations : Rp 350.00
3. Quantity : 2.000.000 pieces.
4. Paper : White unwatermarked
5. Gum type : PVA
6. Printing process : Rotogravure in four colours bearing special marks in the form of emblem of Perum Pos dan Giro (Public Corporation of Posts and Giro) which are visible only under ultra-violet ray.
7. Size : 21.00 x 28.96 mm.
8. Perforation : 12.50 x 12.50
9. Sheet composition : 100 stamps per sheet.
10. Designers : Triadi Margono
11. Printer : Perum Peruri, Jakarta
B. FIRST DAY COVER
1. Date of issue : 4 September 1989
2. Quantity : 12.500 pieces
3. Designer : Sadjirun
4. Price : Rp 550.00.
Others Related Series: