|Home||News||PhotoStamps||Stamps Issue||About us|
Stamps Series Issue
"25th Anniversary of ASEAN 1992"
Buy now for US $
The foundation of ASEAN was officially declared in a meeting among the foreign Minister of Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, and Thailand in Bangkok on August 8, 1967 (declaration of Bangkok).
On 7 January 1984 Brunei darussalam was admitted as a new member of ASEAN and hence it is now composed of six member countries.
The main objective of ASEAN are among other things to accelerate the economic grwoth, social progress and cultural development in the region of South East Asia nd to foster regional peace and stability.
To commemorate the 25th anniversary of ASEAN on 8 August 1992, the Directorate General of Posts and Telecommunications issues a set of commemorative stamps and the Public Corporation for Posts and Giro issues First Day Cover "25th Anniversary of ASEAN 1992". these are to following specification:
Classification Stamp : Commemorative Stamp
1. Date of issue : 8 August 1992
2. Denominations :
a. Rp 200,00 depicting a firm unity in achieving the objectives
b. Rp 500,00 depicting the venue of he 25th ASEAN anniversary
c. Rp 1.000,00 depicting the national flag of ASEAN member countries
3. Quantity : 2.000.000 stamps for each denomination of Rp 200,00 and Rp 500,00
1.000.000 stamps for denomination of Rp 1,000,00
4. Paper : White unwatermarked
5. Gum type : PVA
6. Printing process : Rotogravure in four colours bearing special marks in the form of emblem of Perum Pos dan Giro (Public Corporation of Posts and Giro) which are visible only under ultra-violet ray.
7. Size : 22.30 x 38.60 mm.
8. Perforation : 13.50 x 12.75
9. Sheet composition : 50 stamps per sheet.
10. Designers : Desmal, Heri Purnomo and Ibnu Suroto
11. Printer : Perum PERURI.
B. FIRST DAY COVER
1. Quantity : 15.000 pieces
2. Designer : Imam Sudjudi from Studio Olah Komunikasi Bandung
3. Price : Rp 2.200,00 / each