|Home||News||PhotoStamps||Stamps Issue||About us|
Stamps Series Issue
"National Jamboree 1986"
Buy now for US $
Gerakan Pramuka is the only Scout Organization in Indonesia as stated in the Presidential Decree no 238/1961. Its current membership is 14,5 million, which makes the Gerakan Pramuka the biggest Youth Organization in Indonesia. To carry out its mission to develop and train the members, the Gerakan Pramuka organises various kind of programs in National as well as down to the local and troop level. This year a National Jamboree will be organized under the motto: Bound together, create happiness (Free version of Satu Utuh Ceria Berkarya).
This program is designated for the boys and girls whose ages range from 11-15 years, which known as the Boy-scout and Girl Guide section. The general objectives of this big gathering is to promote frienship and brotherhood, to strenghthen National Unity, to induce dicipline, to norture patriotism and faith in God Almighty. Since its establishment the Gerakan Pramuka has organized three National Jamboree:
1. 1973 National Jamboree at Cibubur Jakarta East (attendance 18.000)
2. 1977 National Jamboree at Sibolangit Medan, North Sumatra (att 20.000)
3. 1981 National Jamboree at Cibubur, Proclaimed officially by WSB Asia Pasific Regional Jamboree (att. 24.000)
In conformity with the decision of our National Scout Conference held in 1983 in Samarinda East Kalimantan Province, the National Jamboree will be held again Cibubur Jakarta East, well known as Widya Mandala Krida Bhakti Pramuka.
It is to be ecpected that more than 24.000 Scouts and Guides will participate in this big event. The National Jamboree (Jamnas 86) will be opened by H.E. President Soeharto on June 21, 1986.
To mark the "National Jamboree 86", the Directorate General of Posts and Telecommunications issues a series of stamps and the Public Corporation for Posts and Giro issues First Day Cover "National Jamboree 1986" with the following specifications:
Classification Stamp : Special Stamps
1. Date of issue : 21 June 1986
2. Denominations : Rp 210,-, Rp 140,- and Rp 100,-
3. Quantity : 2.000.000 stamps for each denominations.
4. Paper : White unwatermarked
5. Gum type : Polyphynil-acetate
6. Printing process : Rotogravure in three colours bearing special marks in the form of emblem of Perum Pos dan Giro (Public Corporation of Posts and Giro) which are visible only under ultra-violet ray.
7. Size : 22.30 x 38.60 mm.
8. Perforation : 13.50 x 12.75
9. Sheet composition : 50 stamps per sheet.
10. Designers : Herry Purnomo, Samuel Talahatu, Desmal
11. Printer : Perum PERURI.
B. FIRST DAY COVER
1. Quantity : ... pieces
2. Designer : Andi S.
3. Price : Rp 575,00 / each
Related Theme :